What is the Cricut Air Explore 2?
Attention crafters and creatives! If you have yet to harness the power of the Cricut Air Explore 2, you are missing out! Cricut marries your imagination with digital tools and a powerful cutting machine.
Basically, the Cricut helps to bring your design to life. With unparalleled precision, the Cricut handles fabric, paper, balsa wood, leather, matboard, and – of course – vinyl for stickers. Yes, you can make custom cut-out stickers with the Cricut Explore Air 2!
Why Make Adhesive Vinyl Stickers with the Cricut Air Explore 2?
There are hundreds of uses for stickers. Stickers are huge in the gig economy because they can be used on tumblers, candle holders, cards, and thousands of other things that people make and sell. Waterproof sticker paper is great for creating bumper stickers, signs, magnets, and other items that will be exposed to the elements.
There are so many reasons to make stickers: for fun, for profit, to enhance an existing business, and so much more! DIY stickers are affordable and can really enhance – or be – your small business.
When you make your own stickers there are times when you need a particular design; for example, your custom logo or a sticker created from your original artwork.
In the past you had to scan your design into the computer and then print it on a sheet of sticker paper and do the hard work of cutting it out by hand. This was especially tricky for artwork with lots of sharp angles, or faded, abstract edges.
Your beautiful design looked ragged from the scissors, and your logo looked unprofessional.
The Cricut Explore Air 2 changed that. Now, even the most abstract stickers can be cut with precision and grace, giving you a professional end product worthy of your brand.
What is the Best Type of Vinyl to Make Stickers with the Cricut Explore Air 2?
While the Cricut is a powerful machine that can cut many different types of material, the same principle of “quality begets quality” is in play here. To get the best looking stickers with the Cricut Explore Air 2, you need to use a high quality vinyl.
Vinyl for stickers with your Cricut Explore Air 2 should be a good thickness and heft, discourage smearing and bleeding of ink when printed on, resist jamming or gumming up in the machine, be flexible enough for sticker making yet firm enough for precise cutting.
Royal Elements has many different types of vinyl sticker printable paper and adhesively vinyl material, the best of which is matte white printable vinyl which can be safely used in your Cricut machine. We offer white, clear, glossy, waterproof, waterslide, and laminating sheets. No matter the size or shape of your sticker, we have vinyl sticker paper that will give you outstanding results in your Cricut machine.
How to Make Vinyl Stickers in the Cricut Explore Air 2
The Cricut Explore Air 2 is not a printer, it is a cutting machine. Therefore, to make vinyl stickers with the Cricut Machine, you need to first ensure you have a laser or inkjet printer. From there, follow these steps:
- Select the best type of vinyl sticker paper for your printer. Inkjet paper for inkjet printers, or laser paper for laser printers.
- Download Cricut Design Space. This is a free app and you need it to cut your designs.
- Optional: Cricut Access™ offers thousands of images and hundreds of fonts, along with discounts on other Cricut products. There are three levels of membership with different levels of access. You do not need Cricut Access to use the Cricut Explore Air 2, but it’s a great investment if you need the highest quality of ready-made graphics and fonts, or if you will be purchasing additional Cricut products and could benefit from a discount.
- Set up Cricut Design Space on your device.
- Save the image you want to cut as a .SVG file – this is more compatible with Cricut than .PNG or .JPEG.
- Connect your printer to the Circuit Design Space software and print your design. Place it on the Cricut mat.
- Now the Cricut does it’s magic and starts cutting. View our in-depth tutorial on making vinyl stickers with Cricut here: www.royalelements.com/how-to-use-cricut-print-then-cut.
Choose Royal Elements Printable Vinyl Sticker Paper for your Cricut Projects
We are invested in your success, which is why we publish tutorials on our blog and provide both subscription and one-time ordering for your convenience.
Our vinyl sticker paper is available in small batches (no bulk ordering needed) and is priced competitively. When choosing the best type of vinyl for Cricut Explore Air 2 stickers, choose Royal Elements – the brand that stands behind it’s products.